We are looking to recruit a trustee to support the charity with legal or governance expertise.
CHUF’s vision is to support pioneering services that will positively impact heart families, inspire hope and enable Heart Heroes to reach their full potential. CHUF supports children and families who receive treatment at the Children’s Heart Unit based at the Freeman Hospital and the many other hospitals providing care for cardiac patients throughout the North of England.
We ask that our Trustees show:
• A commitment to CHUF
• A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement
• An ability to think creatively
• A willingness to speak their mind
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Being part of the CHUF family can be an enriching and rewarding experience and we want all of our trustees to feel able to contribute meaningfully to the success of CHUF.
In order to ensure that the trustees can carry out their duties CHUF will:
• provide trustees with timely, high quality information to allow the Board to govern well
• provide trustees and the Board with timely advice and external, professional advice when required
• work in partnership with trustees and the Board to ensure that they perform their statutory and legal responsibilities
• invest time, money and resources in order to help good governance, including but not limited to arranging inductions, offering training and support
• ensure the that the trustee handbook is available to all and reviewed and updated
• provide honorary officers with necessary administrative and other support to ensure they govern well
• reimburse expenses incurred in the course of their duties as trustees
Board meetings are held bi-monthly and all meetings will have the ability to be attended virtually.
If this position is of interest, please contact our Chairman, Ivan Hollingsworth at Ivan.Hollingsworth@chuf.org.uk with an up to date C.V. and an explanation as to why the role is of interest to you.
Children's Heart Unit Fund - CHUF
Designworks Business Centre
CHUF is a registered charity in England and Wales No 1160831 © 2023.